- Try to get enough sleep the night before the flight (which I did NOT do, as you'll know from my previous post )
- Dress in clothes that make you feel comforted and at home.
- At the Duty Free store (Dear whoever invented the Duty Free, you are a true genius) treat yourself to something you've been wanting for a while so that you're in a good mood when you get on the plane.
- In order to complete number 3; remember your money! (I thought this was necessary to include since I didn't..)
- In your hand luggage, bring things that calm you down or that you enjoy (This is my number 1 essential whenever I'm flying anywhere. Maybe I should've put this at number 1..?)
- Sit by the window. This probably seems a bit weird but it always helps be to know that the world is still working as normal and that it is just outside (but maybe don't look down if you're afraid of heights..), and I find it very relaxing. I wouldn't recommend actually going outside though.
- Make a playlist of your favourite songs that make you feel happy or relaxed, and listen to it on repeat for the whole flight. And resist the urge to sing along.. I had do. Frequently.
- I always find that drawing helps me to stay relaxed throughout the flight, but you could do anything that you enjoy or find relaxing, or watch a movie if you're on a long-haul flight (Last time I was, I watched so many movies), or; just like I did, plan a blog post (this one, as a matter of fact)
- Breathe. If you start feeling nervous or worried, take deep breathes and maybe put on some music. You could also think about thinks that relax you, like memories or places.
- Remind yourself that the flight isn't going to last forever and that you will get off the plane at some point, no matter how long the flight is.
You've probably already guessed that I'm home from my holiday because I'm writing this, but just in case you didn't guess; I'm back.
I'm not going to say too much about my trip on this blog post because I've planned a some to post with lots of photographs and detail about it, which I'll be uploading during the next week or so.
What's you're favourite thing to do on a flight?
Let me know in the comments and I'll reply to them all!
PS. If you're reading this because I posted about it on my instagram (@/that.awkwardfangirl) I really do appreciate you taking the time to. Leave your instagram name below so I can spam you or give you a little nice surprise.